Everyone in America at this point knows that Obamacare is a complete disaster from which every Democrat who ever voted for it, or whomever says a nice thing about it will get crushed in an election. Come on. Everyone knows that Obamacare is a job killer. That Obamacare will cause premiums to go up. As much as anything Obamacare is going to put the government between you and your doctor. Now, in what must be the dumbest campaign move ever, Senator Mark Pryor of Arkansas is actually saying something nice about The Affordable Care Act!
Obamacare Facts Republicans Know to Be True
- Obamacare prevents Florida from regulating insurance
- The Obama Administration slashed Navy spending to pay for more Obamacare
- New Reports show that the devastating tax hikes from the Health Care Law will impact the middle class
- Thanks to Obamacare the average ER wait time in California is now 5 hours
- Obama is one big fat VA system
* These facts discussed here
Of course there are many more “facts” available for those that watch Fox News, or other “right” thinking websites. So why would Senator Mark Pryor be so stupid as to let this bit of commercial video ever get out in the open:
Marky Pryor Commercial “Cancer” Video:
What is this crazy politician thinking? Does he think that pointing out the the Affordable Care Act prevents insurance companies from canceling your coverage when you make a claim is a good idea? How about this crazy notion that insurance companies shouldn’t be able to deny coverage for people with pre existing conditions?
Maybe what Senator Pryor gets is this: when people hear about the benefits of the Affordable Care Act, and not the evil Obamacare, they actually like the provisions provided in the law.
There is it turns out some good news about Obamacare:
- The number of young Americans ages 19-25 lacking health insurance has shrunk 2.5 million since the health care overhaul took effect
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the number of part-time workers in the U.S. has fallen by 300,000 since March of 2010 when the Affordable Care Act was passed into law
- 15.9% of American adults are now insured compared to 17.1 in 2013. That means there are 3-4 MILLION people who have health insurance in 2014 that did not in 2013
Of course this is a risky move for any Democrat. Especially in souther states which for some reason (black guy) seem to dislike the President even more than other red states. Republican opponents to Mr. Pryor or even to Alison Lundergan Grimes running in Kentucky even without the ACA would position the Dems as “rubber stamps” for the President. After all the “rubber stamp” claim is what allowed the Democrats to so thoroughly demolish the Republicans back in 2006.
It might just be the Democrats turn to take a whopping like the Republicans did back 2006. Despite being on the right side of history, and despite saving the lives of thousands of Americans by providing the opportunity for health insurance where non existed before.
Sill it is nice to see a politician deciding that if they are going to lose their job, at least they can go out fighting for what they believe in.